100% TRUST WORTHY EXPERIENCE
Moong dal sambar is so light on stomach. As per ayurveda, moong dal reduces body heat. As its so good in taste and so easy to digest. Especially pesara pappu sambar is what you will be made to eat when you are pregnant, nursing, or when you have aged people at home who want to eat light food. If you are down with flu or tired from work, then this sambar is what you should be making as its very light and very healthy. Here is how to do it. There is no tamarind used in this sambar and its so easy to make this recipe.
Pesara Pappu(moong dal)-1/4 cup
Green chillies-4 slit
Turmeric powder-1/4 Teaspoon
Chilli powder-1/4 Teaspoon
Coriander powder-1/2 Teaspoon
Sitara Homemade Sambar powder-1 Teaspoon
Salt-As per requirement
Mustard seeds-1 Teaspoon
Methi seeds-1/4 Teaspoon
Curry leaves-2 Strands
For GarnishingFew strands of coriander leaves
PreparationCook moong dal (Pesara pappu) with a pinch of turmeric powder, little oil, tomato and a cup of water until soft.Mash it well and keep it ready.You can cook using pressure cooker also.
Method1. Chop onions, garlic cloves and green chillies and keep it ready.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, jeera, methi seeds when it splutters, add hing, garlic cloves, onion, green chillies and curry leaves And saute it all onions turns into translucent.
3. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, sambar powder fry it once.
4. Now add cooked dal along with required water and also add required salt.
5. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for another 5-6 minutes.
6. The consistency of the sambar should be very thin.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with IDLI.
You might also like Stone Grounded Homemade Rasam Powder and other seasonings and powders from SITARA FOODS.